During our travels (business and tourism) we have appreciated efficient hospitality that does not diminish the excitement of discovery, that is discreet and that suggests charm and privacy. This is our “Stile Libero”, a prestigious architectural design inspired by the logic of sustainable tourism, to enhance our surroundings and meet every travelers’ needs.
You’ll find smiling and friendly, also functional and efficient hospitality at Stile Libero with the welcoming atmosphere of our family business and the taste and style of a “Charm Hotel”.
Stile Libero, for boundless travelers.
“One of my favourite books is “The Road” by Cormac McCarthy. It’s the story of a journey to discover people rather that places. I’ve always based my career, my hobbies and my travels on this concept. This is also how I face the day at Stile Libero: I welcome guests with curiosity, ready to listen to their needs”. (Guido)
“I’ve studied and also worked abroad and in Italy, I welcomed many people in Reception of luxury Hotels. Now I’m here in Stile Libero, the best decision I could make, my family business, the best ever! I deal with reservations, welcoming, breakfast with enthusiasm and always smiling”. (Francesca)
“My students say I’m a demanding but also an understanding teacher. It’s true. I like rules and accuracy but I apply everything with sensitivity. I am attentive and astute even at Stile Libero, in everything from breakfast to the furnishings, the right words at the right time or silence”. (Laura)
“Sometimes I’m here too. I live in the present to build my future. If you meet me in Stile Libero, it’s not just to help my parents but to know people, speak other languages, discover new experiences”. (Alessandro)
The history and the project
Stile Libero is adjacent to a small eighteenth century villa formerly owned by a noble family in Bergamo, Earl Benaglio, who used it as their country home to manage their lands and fields. The manor homes in Orio al Serio were built around the church and center of the town. Various changes of hand and renovations during the 1800s and early 1900s, with the construction of adjacent buildings, distorted the original traits of this prestigious residence until 2010 when the current owners, Laura and Guido, launched a building recovery plan with the conservative renovation of the original 18th century part and the harmonic reconstruction of the adjacent buildings.
Under the attentive direction of Studio Peretti (architecture and engineering) www.studioperetti.it and Chiappa-Didonè renovators, stylishly renovated to include the interior frescoes, the Stile Libero building now stands next to the manor house. Designed with “small hotel” logic, it overlooks the same internal courtyard as the period residence. During renovations special attention was paid to energy savings, soundproofing and respect for the buildings’ history.
If you wish, the owners will be happy to show you the frescoes rooms, some details of the villa renovations and narrate its history.
Hospitality and services
Stile Libero is made by different buildings (all joined together), rooms are all different from each other; every room is independent, accessed via a personal electronic key card. Stile Libero is on 3 levels, all of the rooms are accessible by lift. Our guests can enjoy:
- The common room, with a small library dedicated to the local surroundings and tourist attractions
- A bar open in the afternoons for cocktails, beer or excellent glass of wine selected by the owners
- Private 18 th century Villa garden available for our guests
- Internet point with printer and wi-fi connection
- Private covered parking (reservations required) with direct access to Stile Libero
- Internal covered car park (reservations required) with direct access to Stile Libero
- Shuttle service to/from the airport on request
- Early check in and late check out (on request)
- Pizzerias and restaurants within 2-minute walking distance in Orio al Serio village
- Ready meals available on request
- Booking formula with or without buffet breakfast or “take away” breakfast
- Luggage deposit service (to be agreed)
- Small food store, pharmacy, bank, Orio al Serio public transport
- Bicycle and also ebike to rent (reservations required)